Websites Like VFTT in Texas/Southwest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lx93

Reaction score
Fairfax, VA... land of the 2-hour commute
Hello all,

Anyone know of any similar websites to VFTT in the Southwest?

I've found this website to be invaluable in making new hiking friends, getting insight on trails, gears, etc. It's made living in New England the past year & a 1/2 a lot more enjoyable!

However, I'll be going down to San Antonio, TX from Dec-February, and wanted to do some hiking in Big Bend National Park, TX & maybe even the Grand Canyon.

Thanx in advance!

"similar" MAYBE! but i assure ya pardner, there ain't nothin' out there like vftt! nothin'!! all dap to darren for startin' this website and even more dap to him for puttin' up with us!! :)

best hikin' website hands down!! :)

Desolation

When I moved to Dallas three years ago (I'm back now) I searched to no avail. Most of my hiking was in the Talamina National Forest in the Ouachita Mountains of SW Oklahoma. I found very few informational resources. None which come within a whisker of VFFT. Then when I moved to Idaho (I'm back from there too) there were a few sites for the Rockies, but the coverage was so huge that local information was pretty thin. We are truly fortunate to have VFTT.

Try the National Park Websites & the National Forest Websites & here:

http://www.peaktopeak.net

For Guadelope Peak in TX & Wheeler in NM try Americasroof.com too. 402 miles from San Antonio to El Paso (near Guadelope Peak over 8700 Feet)

In hiking in Southern NM or Big Bend, I suspect there will be warning about Illegal's crossing over the border.