Weekly Winter Weekends at Waterville

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
(Hope this is not too off-topic for the forum... there is a lot of talk about skiing)

I usually go to the Waterville Nordic Center every other weekend ("as much as I can get away with") to skate ski. If you are interested in carpooling and/or skiing with me, let me know via PM.

What:
XC (Skate) at Waterville Valley Nordic Center

When:
Sundays (preferred), or Saturdays as snow conditions permit

Time:
On the trail at open, 8:30AM, departing ~12:30

Meet:
Anywhere between Bedford, NH and Waterville. Einstein Brothers in Concord is very convenient as the park-n-ride is just across the highway.

Typically I skate 25-40k, depending on time, snow conditions, fitness levels, etc., but usually I spend about 4 hours on the skis, grab a coffee and eat a brown bag sandwich on the return trip. I will occasionally stride, but only if the conditions are really poor for skating (deep, cold, fresh powder.) I have a season's pass and a WMNF parking pass, and so early/late in the year when the north end has the skiing, I just go to the Livermore lot and start skiing. We don't have to actually ski together either, if you're not a skater, for example, and you just want to carpool.

Tim

Waterville is 100% open for this weekend. I plan to skate for 2-2.5 hours on Sunday morning, trending towards the opening time of 8:30. If you are interested in joining me, send PM. I intend to spend my time in the south end this time -- it hasn't had this much snow in several seasons.

I can meet you anywhere between Manchester and Waterville itself.

Tim