West Kill 2/11/06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

Reaction score
Ulster County, NY Avatar: Chapel Pond From Giant M
This Saturday, Hike the 115 and I plan on hiking West Kill Mountain, which will complete the winter Catskill 35 for both of us. All are welcome-car pooling would be wise since it's a popular trailhead and parking is limited. Also, I just checked and the 3500 Club is doing Rusk that day, so there will be a lot of cars for their group. We will meet at the dead end of Spruceton Rd. at 9 and will go up and back via the Diamond Notch Trail and Devil's Path. Hopefully we'll have clear weather for the Buck Ridge Lookouts.

Matt

Last edited:
There's been discussion on the post-hike hang over at ADKHighPeaks and in an e-mail group as well. Between our hike and some others, there should be a lot of people in the Catskills Saturday. Rik and Charlene may be finish the winter 35 on Peek/Table/Lone, and Rocky Summit also plans to finish his W35 on Cornell w/ Mudhook. All these folks would be heading north or west post-hike, so Phoenicia is probably the best place to meet.

Brios is usually a good post-hike meeting place anyhow. Any opinions? I don't think they have beer there, but I believe they do next door. The other issue is the timing of meeting up. Rik and Charlene have the longest hike, but they may start before our West Kill crew, plus they're pretty fast and we'll be taking our time w/ a large group. Rocky and Mudhook will be pretty close to Phoenicia after coming down from Wittenberg/Cornell. I guess we should just plan on the place and hope for the best as far as timing.

Matt