Where to stay, near the Seward?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
Where could we stay in Saranac Lakes area to be close to the Seward trailhead?. Motel, B&B, good but not to $$$, any suggestions? :)

Northwood Cabins, Tupper Lake

We stayed here after our planned backpack into Calkins Brook was poured on. The cabins are right on Rts. 3 and 30 just outside of Tupper Lake village. If you drive west on Rt. 3 from the Corey's Rd intersection, past the intersection with Rt. 30 where it comes in from Malone and go another 2-3 miles, it's on your right (N). If you were coming from Tupper lake, it's less than 2 miles east of the village. It's no more than 1/2 hr. from the trailhead.

There are 9 50's style retro-cabins, just like the " cabin colonies" that used to be along all the major highways, and which have largely disappeared. The owners, Bill and Nancy Cadwallader, were recognized by Adirondack Architectural Heritage (AARCH) for their "long-term stewarship" a few years ago.

The phone number is 518 359-9606.

I liked it so much, I'll be back there next weekend, not for hiking, but to "do" The Wild. Rates are reasonable, a basic cabin is $55. They also have efficiencies. Next weekend is going to be busy in Tupper with Woodsmens Days. Just something to keep in mind.

teejay

Cold River Ranch B/B

The Cold River Ranch is located at the end of Corey's Road on Rt 3. John/Connie run a fine establishment. About 40$/individual includes meal.
359-7559

stay in sewards

hi yvon, ;)
karl and I stayed at the tupper lake motel- conveniently located, clean, and reasonably priced.( a few years ago) what more could you ask for?
phone is 518-359-3381, or toll free 800-944-3585

go in via calkins brook and have a great time!

We just stayed in Lake Placid last time. I think it took us 45 minutes to get down there, but I don’t remember now if that was to the trailhead or only to Coreys.

A couple times in Tupper lake we ended up eating at Stewarts’s, because everything else was closed.

Is Cold River Ranch still open? We wanted to stay there four years ago but didn’t get an answer either on the telephone or at the door. I spent a couple nights there in ’01 and it was fine, other than being pretty hot that September without any air conditioning.

Thank you everybody.
Teejay you were right, I tried to find a room for tonight and i cannot find any available, with reasonable price from Tupper Lake to Lake Placid. I called 10 places, we shall do it later.
Tomorrow we will do an other mountain on our list.

Latest posts