White Mountain Guide: A Centennial Retrospective

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
A week or so ago I was at The Mountain Wanderer and Steve showed me his private copy of White Mountain Guide: A Centennial Retrospective. WOW was my only comment!

Today I found that he has received copies for sale, and immediately bought one. For those who care about history, guidebooks and our mountains it is a treasure. A short chapter on each edition, with longer articles about the major editors, and articles by Gene Daniell, Steve Smith and Larry Garland.

Get up from behind your computer, drive to Lincoln NOW and buy your very own copy :D

Thanks for the book status update Mohamed!

We also saw the Centennial Edition copy when we were there Colombus Week.
Steve said he was going to order plenty of xtras to have on hand.

It's a beautiful hardcover 'coffee-table book' ~~ lots of pictures, information, maps, history!
[& a VERY impressive bio-piece on Steve Smith (as well as the other editors)]
Definately well worth the money!
As Mohamed said it will truly be a Treausre to own.

Can't wait to get our copy this weekend!

Sorry Steve

I bought mine thru that evil website of shameful commerce for the AMC. Also known as the AMC Website. :D
I recieved it about 2 weeks ago. Almost through with it. The only problem I have with the book is I read every little thing on every page. There's alot of background printing taken from the old guide books. Reading a trail description from a guidebook 100 years old, and knowing that trail is a real rush (at least to me).

If you have a need for the history of the Whites (and the AMC)
BUY THIS BOOK!!!! :D

HikeSafe....Walker