Whiteface & Passaconaway, 4/29/2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Whiteface & Passaconaway – 4/29/2007

After spending some time reviewing the hourly forecast information on the National Weather Service web site and a couple other commercial sites it looks like Sunday is expected to be the better of the two days this weekend with warm temperatures, a light northerly breeze, and low probability of precipitation. Based on this we decided to head for Ferncroft Road to hike Whiteface & Passaconaway. We’re hoping for the cloud cover to be high and allow for some good views.

Jennifer and I plan to arrive at the trailhead parking approximately 8:00am and be hiking by 8:30am. The planned route is the normal loop of Blueberry Ledges, Rollins, and Dicey’s Mill Trails clockwise. Snowshoes and traction aids are probably a good idea.

Distance – elevation: 11.9 miles, 3,800 feet

Our pace is moderate and we expect to be back at the trailhead parking approximately 6:00pm.

If you’re interested in joining this hike or have any questions, please respond to this thread or by PM.

Earl

:)

Thanks, it is a nice hike. And the ledges can be interesting.

I'd try to convince you to join us but I read your Cardigan comments and think I already know your response. :(

Hope to see you on the trails regularly again soon.

Earl

Wish I could join you... I'll be thinking of the mountains while nowhere near them at a family cookout. At least it is in South Shore Massachusetts and I'll likely be able to spend my REI dividend :D .
Have fun.

Our plans for the hike are cancelled.

Due to the weather forecast heading downhill we've decided to postpone this one to a later date. :(

Earl

Maybe my foot will be behaving when you try again and I can go too!
BBQ at my house after. ;)

Out of the two days, today looked like the better one (contrary to the forecast, of course)...covered in clouds most of the morning, the sun poked through briefly and the two mountains were visible around lunchtime...rain came in a few hours later and we're back to crap weather again. May see y'all up there if you try again in the near future!