Yet another sign that Spring is on the way...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
The snowbanks that have been reaching the roof of my porch have melted down enough so I can get a view of Chocorua again!! :)

But at 19* it is a little chilly for me to sit in a metal chair and drink my morning coffee... :eek:

Soon...

:rolleyes:

chinooktrail said:
The snowbanks that have been reaching the roof of my porch have melted down enough so I can get a view of Chocorua again!! :)

But at 19* it is a little chilly for me to sit in a metal chair and drink my morning coffee... :eek:

Soon...

:rolleyes:

metal chair? Hook it up to a car battery... that should heat it up enough...:)

jay

Hum, so you're saying I should sit in an electric chair... :eek:

I'm not quite sure how I should take that... :rolleyes:

Do I get my choice of last meal?

That would be a big salad, no dressing, and a side of French Fries!
Oh, and a NICE BIG 90 Minute IPA.

;)

A car battery is 12v DC, where as an electric chair is... I just looked it up:

First link from Google:
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/NancyRyan.shtml

so we're talking a lot of current at a higher voltage of AC.

The metal chair probably offers enough resistance to change the DC currrent to heat, and if you run the car battery through it for a short period, it'll warm it up, melt snow, light your pants on fire.. :p

I know bike commuters who wire up some AA batteries to itself through a metal to heat up to run in one's bike gloves for winter commuting, it's a renewable source of heat.

jay

Or, I could bring out my wooden rocking chair and sleeping bag and the dog and stay warm that way. I'll try it in the morning and report back!

;)

Another sign of spring, I caught my first evidence of a robin's nest being built on my porch light. Every year, the robins build a nest there underneath my front porch awning and above the porch light. Since I hardly ever use my front door, it's a nice quiet location, except for when people try to use it. Maybe I'll put a sign up there to beware of attack robins. One year, the robins decided to build a nest above my main electrical line hookup...

Do robins build nests the same place every year, aka are these robins the same robins as last spring because robins built a nest there last year too or are these new robins?

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/robin/ExpertAnswer05.html

Jay

Last edited:
Jay H said:
Another sign of spring, I caught my first evidence of a robin's nest being built on my porch light. ... except for when people try to use it. Maybe I'll put a sign up there to beware of attack robins.

You mean like this?

:D

If she comes back this year, I'm relocating her. Build it in the front bushes like you used to, but please, stop dive-bombing me while on my deck! (There are dive-bomb videos in the album.)

Tim

We have ice-out on my patio!!! And my driveway is becoming uncovered, as well. Crocuses blooming and wood frogs calling on the Tin Mountain Conservation Center property on Bald Hill Rd., too. Yipeee! :D

The telephone poles are tapped in New York Mills (large polish population).

My apoligies to any polish descendents. I used to work with a guy that was polish, and happened to live in "the Mills". He would take the bait every year when I told him I saw a sure sign of spring.

Geneva and I bundled up, brought out the wooden rocking chair, and had our first 'OFFICIAL' cup of coffee while sitting and looking at Chocorua....

Ahhhh. Maybe soon I won't need the 3 fleece blankets. :rolleyes:

And, maybe the snowbank will melt enough so I can take the ladder down within the month... :eek: