Mt. Parker

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
Me and my trusted companion Shay aka the Boy Wonder made our third ascent of Mt. Parker via the Mt. Langdon trail and the Mt. Parker trail. We were met with dry conditions the whole way, there is a small patch of insignificant snow on the final climb to the summit, my dog enjoyed eating some of it. The skies were bluebird blue and there was a cool breeze on the summit requiring a light layer. Not one bug joined us on the whole hike, I have no idea how that happened. Ran into the guy that goes by waumbec, he's been around as long as me, maybe a bit longer, had a great chat about hiking in general, (funny thing is, our total 4k counts are within 100 peaks of each other) really nice guy. This hike has us back on our third round of the 52wav list 34/52, the rest of our peaks are opening up fast and it should be smooth sailing from here on.

Me and my trusted companion Shay aka the Boy Wonder made our third ascent of Mt. Parker via the Mt. Langdon trail and the Mt. Parker trail. We were met with dry conditions the whole way, there is a small patch of insignificant snow on the final climb to the summit, my dog enjoyed eating some of it. The skies were bluebird blue and there was a cool breeze on the summit requiring a light layer. Not one bug joined us on the whole hike, I have no idea how that happened. Ran into the guy that goes by waumbec, he's been around as long as me, maybe a bit longer, had a great chat about hiking in general, (funny thing is, our total 4k counts are within 100 peaks of each other) really nice guy. This hike has us back on our third round of the 52wav list 34/52, the rest of our peaks are opening up fast and it should be smooth sailing from here on.
Waumbek's trail reports on NETC are very detailed and helpful. He's one of the few people that I'll click through and read his reports when I see them.