Somerville Showings - Banff Mountain Film Festival -Feb 22 and Feb 23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
Please post here if you want to get together for the showings of the Banff Mountain Film Festival in Somerville, which night(s) and also let me know if you'd like to grab a drink or dinner . . . I will most likely attend both showings and would be happy to organize a VFTT film showing get-together.

sli74

Carmel and I want to go. The monkey site doesn't list which movies are being shown on which nite. Are both nites the same this year? We could go either nite and are up for dinner and beers before the show.

Metsky - are you going? Can you get us tix if you are?

- darren

Darren,

The site http://www.paulnager.com/chunky_monkey_2005_005.htm lists the shows for Tuesday and this site http://www.paulnager.com/chunky_monkey_2005_006.htm
lists the shows for Wed.

The shows are all different each night and so Brian and I are going both days and already got tickets for both nights. Pat, Audrey, Pedxing and a couple of others have expressed interest in joining in . . . would love to catch up with you and Carmel . . .

We can figure out dinner and/or drink plans next week.

BTW, Welcome Back, we've missed you !!

sli74

Thanks Seema. After looking at the lists, I am leaning towards Wednesday nite. Audrey & Ped, when are you going?

- darren

I'm going Wed night, and can pick up some tickets today at the box office during lunch. Let me know ASAP who still needs tix for that night and I'll try and get a block.

-dave-

Can you get me 5 tix for Wed Nite?

Thanks!!!

Where / when do you guys want to meet up? I'm up for dinner and a beer before the show. Redbones, Johnny D's whatever is fine.

- darren

Dave -
Can you pick up two tickets for me - One for tuesday and One for Wednesday? I will also PM you.

I'd love to hook up with everybody on Tuesday and Wednesday night - MY wife and son are in Florida visiting my in-laws and I have only to feed the dogs (and myself) both days!!!
I work in Marlboro and I think it is a pretty easy ride into the city to Somerville (I hope it is, anyways). Thank God for Mapquest!!!

Anywhere is fine with me and since I will be going both nights, I can meet up with whomever for dinner and/or drinks.

Rick - Both days
Liza and Charlie - Tuesday I believe
Darren, Carmel and gang, Dave, hamtero, Pedxing - Wednesday

So I guess Liza can choose the eating and drinking for Tuesday and any of the rest of you can choose Wed :D

Can't wait !!!

sli74

How about dinner at Diva, an Indian Restaurant (Liza's suggestion) for Tuesday and RedBones for Wednesday?

If that sounds okay to everyone, we can pick a time to meet . . . the show begins at 7 pm but the doors open at 6 pm so Does 5-5:30 pm sound good to everyone?

sli74

Some non-VftT friends suggested meeting at Redbones on Wed at 5:30. With a large group we'll have to get there early enough to be seated and eat before the movie. Sounds like our numbers are over a dozen.

-dave-

I had meant to ask - How is the parking in this area - I am not at all familiar with the city and have no clue as to what to expect, other than the parking horror stories I hear from my coworkers.
Thanks

Last edited:
Davis Square fun stuff:

Somerville Theatre
Redbones
The Burren
Johnny D's

Redbones has tasty BBQ and great beverage selection (sometimes cask-conditioned!)

The Burren pours mighty fine Guinness (sometimes free music in the back room)

Banff Film Festival at Somerville was pretty cool ... except that it gets HOT inside the building

-----
here are driving directions to a parking lot located between Redbones and Somerville Theatre

if you're coming from somewhere other than west of boston, the route 2 / route 16 intersection below is close to Alewife on the Red Line. you can ride the Red Line to Davis Square:
MBTA Subway Map

-----
Route 95, to Route 2 East, to Route 16 East.

Route 16 East for about a half mile, turn RIGHT onto Mass Ave.

Turn LEFT at 5th light onto Day Street, a one way street next to White Hen Pantry. There's a parking lot up on the right about two blocks up - parking is free after 6:00 PM and all day sunday

continue walking on Day Street another 100 yards ... take a left to get to Somerville Theatre, or take a right and then another right onto Chester Street to get to Redbones

Day Street lot fills up during the day, but frees up around 6:00PM ... if it's full, you can turn right out of the lot, turn right onto Chester Street, drive 1/4 mile to Mass Ave (2A), and find a parking meter

mapquest map for Redbones (zoom in):
mapquest map for Redbones

here's a diagram of the parking situation near Davis Square, if you're not sure where you're driving

Last edited:
arm said:
here's a diagram of the parking situation near Davis Square

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Yet another reason why I hate cities.

Wed, 5 - 5:30 at redbones is good for me. We might have to break up our group to get seated but no big deal.

Attention all single ladies.....I'll be bringing my nephew, Michael. He runs sub 6 minute miles, is jacked, and is currently single. Plus he just got his drivers license, so look out!!! Brian...you better keep an eye on Seema! Ha!

- darren

I'm going to be there somewhere around the same time, it looks like I'm meeting up with another group of friends as well. We'll just have to let the seating arrangements happen.

-dave-