Albany Event Tonight (Wednesday)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowcat

Reaction score
i know this is short notice, but if you live around albany.... tonight there's a get together at albany mountain gear on central ave. at 6:30. i know that ian from adk mountain guides is doing a slide show & it's byob! i'm not sure what the slide show will be about specifically - i'm sure one or many of his adventures. in any case, it will give you a chance to ck out the store, meet others with the same interests and pick ians brain. even tho he does guide services and classes for hire, he loves to talk about the sport & knows so much about the adk area. so if you want to learn more or just something to do this hot evening -- stop by!
the store is at : 1197 central ave / on the right going west / in a small plaza (relligrenos?). they usually have a tent set up alongside the road.

Pardon my ignorance, but is that store primarily climbing, hiking, or a general outdoors sports shop? I've never been there and usually shop at EMS... not really by choice, but out of necessity...

aghhhhhhhhhhhh shadowcat

I can't believe I missed an opportunity to meet and chat with you and others from the Albany area.............

How'd it go?
I recall meeting the owner and his wife on the couple of times I've bought stuff there - very nice folks! and cool kids too!!

PS you would quickly see that although
I bike, I don't bite!:D

Steve Lasher at Albany Mountain Gear.

Try to help support this guy. He has great lines of gear and his prices are comparable to other retail stores. He carries mostly hiking gear and limited climbing gear for experienced outdoors persons. You won't find any "LL Bean" style crap in his store! He has a few discounts on clearance stuff, and his personable nature, enthusiasm and hard work make up for the limited sales you might find at other stores. Plus, he can special order almost anything you can think of.

IMHO, it's good to try to help support your local merchants instead of always buying from the "big guys." Go check it out by going to AMG (And, no, I'm not being paid for this message.;) )

Last edited:
deadfred - right on

thanks for saying that - i wanted to say more but didn't want to sound like i was doing promotional work for him - wasn't sure if some folks might think me inappropriate. he is a great guy & he wants to have more get to get-togethers SO NEXT TIME, LET'S GET MORE FOLKS TO SHOW UP! he's open to anyone who wants to speak, do a slide show or whatever. ian is really interesting to - i personally could listen to his stories for hours - you guys missed out on that. next time i'll post something sooner & that might help. and, remember if anyone wants to take part & speak let him know - the more the merrier!

note:

this was for wed, the 16th so the event is over. but please, let's try to support our local guys & try to make the next one. and, like i said if you have a speciality, maybe you make a pc of hiking equip you want to showcase, or art, or have a lot of great pictures -- whatever - you can be a part of it & get some exposure for yourself. just call steve at the store
"now go take a hike!"