Amazing Hiking Dogs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erugs

Reaction score
We know and appreciate that we've got some very special canine pals known through these pages, and also some others who aren't as well known or represented here. That makes it all the more fun to share this story that just came my way.

Now that is friggin' awesome!

The thought of following a yellow lab out of a white out just made me laugh out loud because my father's would probably lead me off a cliff!!:D

It is ao nice to read about dogs like this. I have 3 labs, with not one dog skill between them!!! Lucky dog.

Quandary is on my CO 14er to do list; I will look for Horton to guide me this summer. :)

One winter for on annual Pemi ski-through, we were accompanied by friend Walter's yellow lab, Reggie, who pulled (ski-joured) Walter the 6+ miles into Zool hut in less than an hour. Because Reggie would never allow Walter to go ahead of him, the other two of us humans had to do more than our share of breaking in the middle section down Thoreau Brook Trail until Reggie could walk on top again along the WT. By then Walter thought that Reggie had better just hike with us and not ski-jour out to Lincoln Woods, where Reggie jumped into the back of Walter's van and slept for the next 14 hours straight. One tired dog was he.