Ham radio: any SOTA chasers here

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting technology but not HAM. Don’t think you’ll being doing much SOTA.

Well I guess I'm too cynical.

I took out my old Icom ts90 6m/2m/70cm a year ago but I found that the repeaters were all dead.

20 years ago I used it in the whites and the Adirondacks. I was surprised when someone came right up on the Canon UHF repeater. But the Mount Washington repeaters were never nearly as busy as the one on Greylock.

In the time I used it actively (5-7 years) I had never ever had any luck on 6 m gm calling frequency...

Well I guess I'm too cynical.

I took out my old Icom ts90 6m/2m/70cm a year ago but I found that the repeaters were all dead.

20 years ago I used it in the whites and the Adirondacks. I was surprised when someone came right up on the Canon UHF repeater. But the Mount Washington repeaters were never nearly as busy as the one on Greylock.

In the time I used it actively (5-7 years) I had never ever had any luck on 6 m gm calling frequency...
I agree UHF and VHF activity is minimal on repeaters. Although back to the OP much more activity on simplex especially SOTA and POTA. I spent most of my operating time on HF which is very active.