Anyone know of good camping sites off the Boott Spur trail on Mount washington?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertjohkn

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Mount Washington and do not want to stay at the established campsites. Since the left side of the Boott Spur trail is not restricted camping I am wondering if anyone knows of any good spots there to camp. Thanks.

well it would take a supreme sum of money for me to let on where MY campsites are, but right now i cant really remember anyways... :confused:

but seriously, i have some dandy sites up there. just get a nice tent and wait till there is three feet of snow or whatever and go above treeline :cool:

Describe your plans a bit more. Are you planning to hike up Boot Spur a ways, then camp, or are you descending from Washington and want to camp on your way down? Do you want to camp above tree line after it snows, for example in the lee of the big Boot Spur boulders at the Davis Jct. at c. 5000'? You could also duck down the Davis Path to the protection of trees at the junction of the Isolation Trail. Hiking up a ways, then camping, with the intention of making the next day's hike shorter can be fun, but not necessarily time saving. The hour or so it takes to eat and break camp and pack up could as easily be an hour spent hiking up the trail from the base. Boot Spur starts to get steep soon after leaving Pinkham. Level ground might be found near the first viewpoint into Tuckerman's or near the cut-off trail into Tuck's.
How about here after it snows? Are you ready for some winter?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/69662028/69664947QMXNsE

Last edited: