Ashland (NH) Booze & Vittles Night #2 - Common Man, 05/29/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket21

Reaction score
As a sequel to Ashland Booze & Vittles Night, Ashland Booze & Vittles Night #2 is being planned.

Who: You?

What: Booze and Vittles.

Where: Ashland, NH Common Man (I-93 Exit 24, 60 Main Street)- Upstairs in the bar and grill - Link

When: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM (or later)

Why: (Borat voice) Why not?

How: By car, truck, motorcycle, scooter, horse, or broom

Perhaps it could be called a Booze and/or Vittles Night - you don't have to drink booze, or you don't have to eat any vittles, or perhaps your vittles are only consumed in the form of booze.

We're planning to attend! We met June and John at the last outing and then ran into them on Old Bridle Path today on our way up Mt Lafayette! :D

Tim and Valerie

It was great runnning into you yesterday Val and Tim. Hope you achieved your trip goals. We did ours which was a traverse of Lafayette, Lincoln, Liberty and Flume coming out the beautiful Osseo trail.

We will not be attending the next session of the Ashland vittles night. We are doing a Bonds-Zealand traverse the next morning with a 6AM start time and we need our beauty sleep. :D

Hope to meet up with everyone on the next Ashland vittles night!

John & June

Once again, I should add that you don't need to be a member of VFTT to join us - all are welcome (except for Yankee fans!)

Tom- you're right. I was really referring to myself needing my beauty sleep. I probably need a good couple of days sleep if that's the case.

R21- How about the next, next vittles night?

R21- How about the next, next vittles night?

Lakes Region Booze & Vittles Nights are not complete without J&J! In the very least, you need to send your stunt doubles Friday night!

What about the Common Man in Concord?

Hey, would you guys ever consider meeting at the Common Man in Concord, NH. Would love to meet people but I live in Milton, MA. It's a 2 hour drive to Ashland.
Mountain49
Julie

Hey, would you guys ever consider meeting at the Common Man in Concord, NH. Would love to meet people but I live in Milton, MA. It's a 2 hour drive to Ashland.
Mountain49
Julie

Noted! This Ashland night sprang out from a Lakes Region night in Sandwich a few months ago. It moved over to Ashland as to make it a bit more convenient for folks heading up north for the weekend (just off I-93).

We're planning to attend!

It was great runnning into you yesterday Val and Tim. Hope you achieved your trip goals. We did ours which was a traverse of Lafayette, Lincoln, Liberty and Flume coming out the beautiful Osseo trail.
John & June

Hi J&J, it was great to run into you on Saturday and yes, we did achieve our goal! William, our 10-year-old nephew, climbed his first 4K-footer. And when we got back to the parking lot, he was running circles around the car. Oh, to have that type of energy. Mt Lafayette was a great choice for his first 4K summit. The ledges at the 2-mile mark really helped, and then the hut (homemade oatmeal raisin cookies), then the summit, then the hut (more cookies), then the ledges again.

Your traverse sounds great! I'm glad that the rain held off for you! We thought about the loop over Lincoln, but the skies were a bit more threatening than we would have liked.

Sorry you won't be there on Friday! Enjoy your Bonds Traverse!

Valerie

May stop by around 9ish with flatlander friends from Michigan, who arrive in Manchvegas around 7:30ish and on their way to close on a get-away place in Rangely area on Monday.

Mountain49
Julie
Common Man's got the better atmosphere, but Cheers in Concord has better food.

Can't make this one but hope to attend sometime in the future.

*bump* Today's the day! I'll be upstairs at the Ashland Common Man around 6 PM.

What is the VFTT code word for tonight?

Allagator eggs or something new??