AT is getting longer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always glad to see any info on the I.A.T.
I've hiked parts of the Quebec section and watched the trail get developed and connecting with some pre existing trails.
Plus Quebec built shelters and tent sites etc. They were very enthusiastic about it.
I can say pretty safely the 1st to use the trail were the local Moose. You could see where they rubbed against the trees etc..
I've belonged to the Maine chapter since it began but haven't hiked any of it here in the States.
On the other side of the boarder it passes through our town, so we hike the local section several times a week...nice stuff up there !

I think the link in the newspaper should read
www.internationalat.org
that should link up to it ok.

I remember a kid we met a couple years ago (I think it was on the Kinsmans) during an infamous Fool Scout ice cream sandwich run who Sobo having started at the begining of the iternational AT. That was the first time I had ever heard of it. Sounds like a neat idea. If only we could extend it from Flrida to the Northern Coast of Canada.....imagine the drop out rate at THAT point!!! :eek::D

Brian

That's pretty sweet. Maybe I'll have to start at Katahdin and head north, eh?;)

But seriously, I might.

Sounds like a neat idea. If only we could extend it from Flrida to the Northern Coast of Canada.....imagine the drop out rate at THAT point!!! :eek::D
Brian

It's been done !
....Ten Million Steps....by M.J. Eberhart
He is known as
Nimblewill Nomad, a retired optometrist from Georgia if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it's called the Eastern Continental Trail, about 5400 miles long and quite a few miles of road walking in the southern parts.

I don't know the guy below (looks like he's from MA though) but this link was on Nimblewill Nomad's website, and he's going for the whole thing this year, looking for sponsors, his webpage has lots of ECT route info. for anyone interested. Any friend of Nimblewill's is a friend of ours!

http://adoptamile.webs.com/index.htm