Backyard bugs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HikerBob

Yeah - another non-hike weekend :(

Have to make the most of it and check out the more local wildlife.

Found THIS alien, and a few more usual suspects :)

Number 48 next week, and the weather forecast is good!

Bob

great picture, Bob. what's your equipment ? I need to upgrade.

I got in 12 miles on the AT here this morning and other than the 3 bees that stung me, it was deer, flies and salamanders. There was a heron I kept disturbing, those birds look AND sound like dinosaurs.
No bear yet, still hoping to catch up with one before to long.

I remember years ago it was illegal to catch a Praying Mantis, wonder if it's still true....and why?

In my yard today I saw three deer, a momma skunk with two babies, a honkin' big porcupine and a number of those clear wing hummingbird months.......

....Jade
Paradise, USA

jade said:
I remember years ago it was illegal to catch a Praying Mantis, wonder if it's still true....and why?

In my yard today I saw three deer, a momma skunk with two babies, a honkin' big porcupine and a number of those clear wing hummingbird months.......

....Jade
Paradise, USA

I think they are protected in CT, but I can not find anything that states that, it's actually our State Insect. :eek:
I believe it is because they are voracious eaters of almost any insect. Farmers probably told people they were protected.

Last edited: