Beta pulk website

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencer

Reaction score
Maine Avatar: We could use some snow around here
There has been a lot of discussion already this year about building pulks. I mentioned that I would put together a simple website if there was interest. I've whipped up a quick version which may be refined as time allows. Note that I am not a web designer.

Have a look and give me constructive critiscism.

Spencer's pulk website

I have also included the crampon modification for tele boots that I did last year.

please use this thread (if the moderators will allow) or the email listed on the pulk website for feedback.

thanks,
spencer

Last edited:
Pulk Web site

Nice Job Spencer!!!!

The step by step pix are a big help in visualizing the concept :)
I think this will help clarify how it all fits together for many folks!!

Nice to see the crampon adaptation for tele boots made the page too!
It reminds me I need to document my clothesline rope-skin invention from last year.

Nadine

Spencer, you noted that in practice you've kept the traces at one length. What is that length? Since you had the opportunity to try out many different lengths due to your design, what you came up with as optimal, and the cons of shorter and longer would be helpful (FWIW, mine are 64 inches, but more due to packing concerns than a lot of thought in towing design)

I have sled envy :eek: Very nice and helpful site!

Spencer,nicely done! Lot's of great modification ideas here.
I built the Bob Mak sled and added a collapsible "push bar"
to the back for uphill help if needed.

KayakDan said:
Spencer,nicely done! Lot's of great modification ideas here.
I built the Bob Mak

It just dawned on me. Is this our very own VFTT Bobmak? makes sense since it was posted on the old Lexicomm site.

SK, what I meant is that I don't adjust the length on a given trip, but I do adjust it according to what skis I'm using. When I'm on my 210 skinnies, I make the traces long. When I'm on my Outtabounds, I shorten them up... The traces go from 60" to 8 feet, but with the Outtabounds, I ski them at 74".

spencer