Bushwhack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnP

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bushwack or trail running from Flat Mountain Ponds in the Sandwich range north through Lost Pass that intesects with any of the traisl near Snows Mountain? This is in the Waterville area.

Thanks,

John

John, I have bushwhacked across this area several times. My two favorite routes are: (1) from Flat Mtn Pond up the stream (between Flat Mtn and the western Sleeper subridge) to Lost Pass, then on a compass bearing to a wet area at the head of Cascade Brook, then down Cascade Brook to the Waterville area trails; and (2) as above, but down Snows Brook. These are excellent, if rather remote, backcountry ski bushwhacks. The Snows Brook route gets a bit more use, I understand, but that's a relative term.

As a note, there are a number of interesting artifacts out there, as well as rare bryophytes. Please tread lightly! In any event, the Pass area is so wet that I don't recommend it except in winter (or theoretically a dry August).

leave no trace (but you knew that)