CampTiburon Ice tool

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a new ice tool (hammer not adze) from these guys at a very good price - under 100 from an outlet. I am starting to do more ice climbing stuff - but still very much a begineer. This would be be my first ice tool and I am always looking for good deals and was wondering if anyone knows about this company and the quality of their products. It seems to me for a low price - this might be good enough to get me started.

thanks

If you want advice on ice climbing or climbing equipment - I reccomend using NEIce.com

You'll reach a much broader audience of experienced rock and ice climbers than on VFTT.

I have always received very good advice on NEIce.

I don't have any beta on Tiburons, but I bet somebody on NEice will.

KZ

The Tiburons are a bit on the heavy side, but are a good solid tool to start on without breaking the bank. Pretty good clearance, but I didn't really like the grip, and the cable that attaches to the leash makes a lot of noise when swinging them. You also might have a hard time finding replacement picks at the local shops. But a tool, and leash for $100 bucks is definitely a good deal. I paid $60 just for BD leashes