Canadian hiking board available in English

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There appears to no longer be a "translate" button on the page (or at least it is hidden in IE8).

I did locate the "Francais / US English" toggle in the upper right corner. However, toggling it has no effect on page content, even after refresh.

Maybe you have to be logged in?

FWIW - I use Chrome, and it has a built-in translater. When it encounters a webpage in a foreign language, it recognizes the language, and then prompts "Do you wish to translate from XXXX to English?"

Thank you for that link. Being of Canadian heritage it's a good way for me to refreshen my reading skills.

Interesting. Well, it is not there on either of my two PCs with IE7 or IE8.

But I can read about 90% of the Francais, so I can still get a lot out of the site. And yes, very nice folks with good information!

Thanks.

Could it have to do with the OS you're running ? I'm on Win 7 and the button shows up on the top right of the page.
I believe it also runs with a Google toolbar.

No translation shows up in Safari on the Mac. Only the French/English button which switches all the bulletin board labels/buttons/text, but not the threads themselves.

I see the translate button but when you click on it nothing happens; ie no translation. I wun windows 7. I wonder if it needs to use some software program that my security is blocking???

The translation is probably an "addon". I use Firefox. Searching their addon site, I downloaded a translator program (there are many to choose from). You need to highlight the text then hit right mouse button "translate".