(Another) New AMC Logo!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit that I don’t get your point, although I’m trying to understand.

Every Natl Park leases out guest facilities operations. Most Natl Forrest’s lease out permits to businesses like river runners, Horse packers and guiding operations.

Is it that AMC as a nonprofit should not be allowed to operate the huts and be replaced with a for profit entity? Is that what you’d prefer ?

Those (for profit) entities that operate in the national park system pay for the right to do so in their lease agreement. Does the AMC pay for the right of the "special permit" that they have from the USFS?

Last edited:
I don't usually post in "AMC" threads, as I'm not an AMC member (I'm in the Adirondacks).

But I was taken by the illustration on the AMC site titled "The AMC logo through the decades—in *ALL* its many forms!" (emphasis mine)

Unless I missed it, the stick man was not there. Was that not one of the logo's "many forms?" Strikes me that someone is trying to erase a mistake, in the best "stealth edit" style of modern organizations. Or was the stick man in there somewhere, and I missed it? I looked twice...