Catskills Balsam 3/19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
Hello, looking for anyone else interested in this next sat. I did find one other person from the catskill 3500 group willing to tag along with me..thx

Next Saturday is a possibility for me. We've wanted to do Balsam and Eagle the last couple of weekends and things haven't worked out. Its a possibility for my hiking partner and I.

PB

That's cool, let me know as it gets closer, I would like to pick up ideas and skills from others like orienteering.

maybe next year

I got sick this week, strep throat went wild through my school . i think i'm skipping this one, wanted to get the last winter requirement done, i'll decide tomorrow but i think i should sit it out. See i'm listening to those with experience :(

Peakbagr said:
Next Saturday is a possibility for me. We've wanted to do Balsam and Eagle the last couple of weekends and things haven't worked out. Its a possibility for my hiking partner and I.

PB

Have fun. Howie and I broke out the trail between Balsam and Eagle last Sunday. Actually, I broke trail ... Howie just bare-pawed the whole way... bad doggy.

Hopefully, the snow hasn't blown back over.

I'll be finishing my winter hiking on Slide on Sat.

I'm thinking about doing Balsam and maybe Eagle this Saturday. What time do you plan to hit the trail?

I need to be back to the car by 2:00 or so, thus I am looking at an early start. Eagle is an option if I have enough time.

Oops, I see from a later post that you are probably going to bag it for this year. Anyone else up for one last winter 3500?

Toyn

I am planning on doing something in the Catskills on Saturday and Balsam and Eagle sound good. I'm leaving Friday night and plan on car camping in the area. I could meet at the trailhead. When and where in the AM?

I still have some more checking to do today, mainly with THE boss, but also my hiking partner. If I go, the plan would be to hit the trail at 8:00am. I've commitments for tonight so that means a 4:00 departure from home for me.

Coldfeet, thanks for getting me thinking about this. Sorry you have to bail, but it is the right call. Hope you get your strength back soon.

Tony

JimB said:
I am planning on doing something in the Catskills on Saturday and Balsam and Eagle sound good. I'm leaving Friday night and plan on car camping in the area. I could meet at the trailhead. When and where in the AM?

Jim, did you get my PM?

In case others are interested, I had suggested 8 AM at the Seager trail head and doing Eagle and Big Indian. Fir is a 'stretch' possibility.

There is another thread on this topic that I started, (which got hijacked, but that's ok), so I thought I'd post here too!

Myself and one other person plan on starting from the Rider Hollow trail head at about 8:00. If anyone wants to join us, feel free. I'll check this board before I leave in the morning.

Tony