Cold on Liberty today!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Summitted Liberty in the clouds today around 2 PM. Surprisingly cold, put on all my clothes. When I got back home, checked Mt Washington temps, at 2 PM it was 44 degrees with winds ar 15 mph. Probably a bit warmer and definitely less wind on Liberty, but fall is rapidly approaching.

Went to the Bonds yesterday via Zealand and back. 50-55 deg
from Guyot on through. Raw and quiet day.
My snowshoes caught my eye putting the lawnmower away in the shed today.....tee hee

Was on Whiteface in the morning and it wasn't cold at all. By the time we to Passconaway it felt pretty chilly! Overnight it just sort of misted (is that a word?) all night without really raining except when the wind blew the mist off the trees!

Last night at Imp Shelter was in the low to mid 40's. The chill is in the air and the colors are starting to show!

to Michaelj

I was at Imp Sunday night. When you refer to last night was that Sunday night? I stayed at the tent paltforms.
Just curious.

Bandana4me - Sunday night, 9/5. Lemme think about this...

Poison Ivy and I were in the shelter itself with the two guys from Michigan. The school group was under their tarps on the group platform. The next platform had a big tarptent, there was an empty (which Ivy took when the partiers arrived later at the shelter), then someone (you?) on a platform with their tent, then Kevin & Katie on the very end.

Sound right?

correct

That would be me on #2 ( just something about stayin on #2 that doesnt sound right to me). I am anti-social in the mountains. My job (sales manager at a car dealership) makes me inter act with strangers.......so when I escape to the mountains, I really escape.

Oh, no worries - I recall a friendly exchange of hello's as I passed by.
:)

Avoidance has its merits - you didn't have to deal with the 3 dweebs smoking, drinking, talking, making noise cooking, and shining their headlamps in our eyes late into the night.

Of course, after 6am all bets were off and I packed up and made breakfast, hopefully painfully disturbing their hangovers...