Cover the Peaks day in the Catskills! 10/14/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
As part of the ongoing 50th anniversary celebration of the 3500 Club, we're going to try to put someone on each of the 35 high peaks on 10/14!

See the Club web page http://www.catskill-3500-club.org/club-news.htm for details! Sign up soon, 11 are taken already! :D

(You can post here to sign up if you are not on one of our groups. You must be an aspirant or a member to participate. See here for membership details.)

The Venture Out Map is good. There is also a new Trail Conference Map set.

Couldn't find where to buy the Venture Out map so I just received the Trail Conference set, which looks much better than the old one I have...I just now need to keep track of all the different maps in the set ;).

"Below here are available
Doubletop . . .
Friday ."

Couldn't find where to buy the Venture Out map so I just received the Trail Conference set, which looks much better than the old one I have...I just now need to keep track of all the different maps in the set ;).

"Below here are available
Doubletop . . .
Friday ."

The person who did the VO maps no longer does them so whatever place that sells them is limited to stock on hand and surely some places have ran out with no means to get more... So finding a VO map would be kind of hit or miss...

Jay

Just one peak left! Friday anyone?

Note: These hikes will NOT be posted separately in the Canister.

Can anyone sign up for an alternate 'will go anywhere' status in case we get a cancellation?

Note also that we are having an after hike gathering at Hopped up Cafe. They are a relatively new place that serves great local food, and great beer (and wine), mostly from New York.

They are located at 2303 Lucas Turnpike (Rt. 213) in High Falls, NY (The corner of Lucas and 213, just above the falls).

Web page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hopped-Up-Cafe/182612458424812

They have agreed to give us a discount if we hold the event there. We realize not everyone will be able to make it, and some may be there early and others late, but if you mention the 3500 Club, they will give you a discount of some kind.

We are also thinking about purchasing 3500 club bandanas, with the 50th anniversary patch design on a bandana. How many people would be interested in having a bandana (or several) on display at their summit? The hike leader for each peak might get one free. This is still TBD.

Link to details http://www.catskill-3500-club.org/club-news.htm

The forecast for Sunday is calling for temps in the 50's, and a chance of isolated thunder showers in the afternoon.

Please evaluate the conditions before you start, and be prepared for the weather. This might even include snow, so consider bringing the microspikes or other suitable traction devices. As of Friday morning, it is 39 at the base of the mountains and raining...

It would be nice if the participants took a picture on each of the summits and we could post them somewhere.
It has been requested. But thanks for the reminder. I will be accepting photos on facebook, the yahoo group, email, or PM. Eventually I will make them available as a collection.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in a poster that showed all 35 peaks? 7x5 - Convenient! :D