Directions to the Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
Here's one set of directions to the Gathering campground, Hide-a-Way. http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/do/camping/campgrounds/woodland.html

Hide-a Way is about 1.5 miles before Woodland Valley campground on the right, #900 Woodland Valley Rd. These will work for anyone coming from the north, south or east via the Thruway.

From the west, eg. Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo I'd suggest heading south on I-81, or I-395/17E to I-88. Exit (#15?) at Rt. 23 in Oneonta going east. Take Rt. 23A near Prattsville to Rt. 42 at Lexington south to Rt. 28. Go east on 28 4-5 miles and turn at the Inn at Woodland Valley. Follow signs for the state campground.

There are other options, but these directions will work.

Note: coming from the east on I-90 (Mass Pike, Thruway) do not exit from the Thruway main line following I-90 into Albany. Stay straight at the exit to reach I-87 south. This 6 mile stretch of the Berkshire Section of the Thruway has no route number, it's Interstate nothing. Go figure.

teejay

teejay

And if you can't find it, just look for the top of Tom's tent.. I've heard some rumblings on the Catskill 3500 group of making that another peak to bag.

:D

Jay

Since I went pass the intersection of Woodland valley road and rt 28 today on my way to do Belleayre and Balsam, I did a mental note. From exit 19 (kinston-rt 28) off the NYS Thruway, it is pretty much 22.5 miles to Woodland Valley Road on Rt 28 West. There are now small yellow signs from both the west bound and eastbound Rt 28 that say Woodland Valley Campground and if you're coming from the thruway, you have to go past Phoenicia which has a giant sign on the right so once you see that sign, it's not far afterwards.

A nice day to be in the catskills, I passed the folks that do the Tubing on the Esopus, they have a red tart cart and were hauling a trailer that was full of tubes!! Must be fun!

Jay