Dix wilderness

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy

Reaction score
Has anybody been in the Dix wilderness area lately? Are there any broken trails to Lillypad pond or beyond? Could there possibly be a trail broken along the S branch of the Bouquet? I'm planning for a base camp along the S branch trib of the Bouquet for a few days of whacking on the E side of the Spotted/E Dix ridge and I'm looking for the easiest way in. Any info on off trail snow conditions would be appreciated. Buddy

Dix

Pin Pin Junior broke a trail up the South Fork to East, South (not sure about Macomb but knowing him...)and was on his way over Hough to Dix on Saturday when he was spotted. Bear in mind that he does not sink in the snow which is very deep. I saw two more cars parked by the South Fork yesterday (Sunday) morning, so it could be more beaten down. There were over a dozen people who did Dix and Hough so that part is very beaten down and fairly easy.
-Lucky Laura

Thanks, How many Pin Pins are there?

Thanks for the info Laura. Did that group of twelve come in from 73 via the N fork Boquet or did they approach by a different route. When I read these trip reports I've got to believe there must be at least 10 Pin Pins wandering around in those mountains. Buddy

buddy said:
Thanks for the info Laura. Did that group of twelve come in from 73 via the N fork Boquet or did they approach by a different route. When I read these trip reports I've got to believe there must be at least 10 Pin Pins wandering around in those mountains. Buddy

Buddy,
the big group and a couple small groups went in via Round Pond from Rt. 73. Pinpin and two others went via S. fork. Pinpin made it all the way around over Hough and Dix but not sure how far others made it. Another group was planning to go in S. Fork on Sunday but not sure if they went. Pinpin told me Saturday that he did not go up Macomb.

Thanks Rik

If any of the group, aside from Pin Pin, went as far as the hunters camp on the S fork trib we'll be delighted. We plan on base camping there for a few days of exploring. Thanks for the info. Buddy

Thanks again Rik

That's exactly the route we planned on taking up to E Dix. We'll probably climb Wyman as well. Trip report forthcoming. Buddy