Does anyone have any new intel on the Tripyramids?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having trouble getting any trail reports for the Pine Brook Trail. I am aware that water levels were pretty high a couple of weeks ago in that area but I haven't heard anything in the past several weeks.

Have any of you heard anything as of late?

Your help would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Z

No specific info on PBB, but streams along the Kanc are generally quite low at the moment.

Thank you psmart.

My wife and I tried to do a quick outing on Potash two weeks ago and it was impassable. We had to settle for Hedgehog, but after an attempt on Owl's Head the previous day it was nice to actually summit something. :)

Z

Things have been generally cold since the great rains 2 weeks ago. Snow bridges are formed in many cases, and even if not water levels are down to roughly their normal levels for this time of year (at least the ones I've been watching). There aren't many of note on Pine Bend Trail, you ought to be fine.

Incidentally, a couple groups, myself in one, went to Owls Head the Sunday after the rain 2 weeks ago and made it fine, though barely so in a few spots. One or 2 days before, it was completely impassible. Things dropped fast.

Thank you madmattd,

I appreciate the assistance and info. Going for it today.

Be well,

Z