Donaldson Emmons via Caulkins Brook 12/28/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

P Abreu

Trail conditions as of Friday: Caulkins Brook - packed by five people to Seward turn. Trail is packed powder in very good condition now. Three people to Donaldson and two people to Emmons. Trip over to Emmons took a few false turns and required a bushwack but we were able to reopen the herdpath on the way back to Donaldson.

I met a couple that was going over to Seward from Donaldson and the trail did not look packed out at that time. I saw them head over so if they went over then there is at least two people that packed out Seward. A group of five skied in from Coreys Rd to Seymour and said to us they were going to hike up Seymour that Friday.

The trail head parking lot has not been plowed so parking is limited to about 4 to 5 cars that can manage to park between Corey Road and where the snow plow left a pile of snow. I wish they had pushed the snow a bit further so people with four wheel drive could access the parking lot. Corey Road was plowed on Friday and I got in and out in two wheel drive. I used four wheel only to park.

Latest posts