Ed Viesturs’ Presentation in Boston - 9/29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
"This last May, when Ed Viesturs reached the summit of Annapurna in Nepal, he became the first U.S. climber to summit all fourteen 8,000-meter peaks, without using supplemental oxygen. Join Ed for a presentation on his recent historic climb, which completed his 16-year quest to summit the world’s highest mountains" (http://www.outdoors.org/endeavor/index.cfm)

What are people's thoughts on this show? Has anyone seen any of Ed's presentations? Is this a must-see sort of thing? Is anyone planning on going from here?

P.S. Tickets go on sale @ REI stores on 9/6 and the show is at the Somerville Theatre...

I have not seen one of Ed's shows personally, but a good hiking friend has expressed excellent reviews at one of his slide shows a few years ago.
With this tour, at least you will know where your funds are going, "1/2 proceeds to AMC youth program"
Ed will take a salary of course as this is a commercial enterprise and there is nothing wrong with that.
I only wish I had a show to tour with! :)
I would go too if the show was not on a weekday up in Boston. Too far for me to drive.

Brownie

I saw one of Ed's slide shows before the Imax film that made him famous was made. Definitely worth seeing.

I saw the one he did there (somerville theatre) probably around 2000-2001 - it was excellant. well worth it the money - he is decent photgrapher and a great speaker.