Exp Weight Base

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkrew81

Reaction score
So I am looking for a new Exp weight base layer for winter and I have been eyeing some stuff from Ibex. Does anyone have any experience using wool as a baselayer for winter? Prefrences?

I've been using merino wool for baselayers for about a year now and highly recommend them all year round. I prefer the Icebreaker brand with raglan sleeves so there's no seams at the top of my shoulders (under a pack's straps).

Ibex also has some shirts with raglan sleeves. They also have an outlet department on their website as well as weekly web specials.

icebreaker

Last time I looked, the EMS website had some Icebreaker shirts on sale. sierra Trading Post also sometmes carries some Ibex, Icebreaker and Smartwool stuff.

Last edited:
wool is good. as advertised, it doesn't get stanky like synthetics (though i wear capilene a lot also and don't seem to get the same amount o' stank others allude to! :cool: ). i have some ibex stuff and some smartwool stuff and like both. i got both on sale--the ibex off their website and the smartwool at rei. not itchy at all.