Flume The Other Way 6/30

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dr_wu002 said:
Whackin' up This Ridge to Flume on Saturday (6/30). Me and the Bearded One. Wanna come? We will make love to you on the trails.
Eric (Barbarossa) suggested omitting the offer for "love making on the trails" as a way to entice more people to do this hike. Well, I'll go with that.

Anyway, we're planning on starting at around 6am at Lincoln Woods (On Saturday) and walking over to the Black Pond area. From there, bushwhacking back down to Birch Island Brook and walking along that and eventually pulling away (North) to join that nice, long, prominent ridge that juts off Flume's Northeast side. Take that to the summit.

As always with Eric and I, if something seems interesting along the way, we might go do that instead. Also, if we make it to the top of Flume quickly, there are some interesting options for descending. Love making is now optional.

-Dr. Wu

giggy said:
how did this go? more interested in the love making than the hike actually? did you guys bring your nut tools and plenty of protection?
Nah, none of that stuff. We whacked in the woods fer a while but I wasn't feeling well and also it seemed like it was going to take a lot longer than I had in mind that day so instead we just bushwhacked around the area for a while. Nice day to get out -- too bad we didn't go all the way to Flume. Another day when I'm feeling better and have more time.

-Dr. Wu