For The Fun Of It -- S. Presis, Saturday 3/26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
Hi All,

If you're interested I'm going to do the Southern Presidentials on Saturday, 3/26. I'll start at 4am from Crawford Path Parking area -- heading up Webster-Jackson Trail to either Webster or Jackson and then hook up with Crawford Path at Pierce and make my way to Washington, passing over Eisenhower, Franklin and Monroe along the way. Back down Crawford Path the whole way.

-Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
Hi All,

If you're interested I'm going to do the Southern Presidentials on Saturday, 3/26. I'll start at 4am from Crawford Path Parking area -- heading up Webster-Jackson Trail to either Webster or Jackson and then hook up with Crawford Path at Pierce and make my way to Washington, passing over Eisenhower, Franklin and Monroe along the way. Back down Crawford Path the whole way.

-Dr. Wu

Dr. Wu,

How fast will you hike?
How many people will be in the group?
a very attractive trip!!!!

Last edited:
blueZ said:
Dr. Wu,

How fast will you hike?
How many people will be in the group?
a very attractive trip!!!!
It's just me, most likely. I hike at a moderate pace going up in winter and a fast pace going down (opposite in summer - fast up, moderate down). I like to linger and take pictures though.

My turn-around time will probably be rather early (noon) as well for Saturday. If I do this hike on Sunday my turn-around time would be a little later. However, if I start at 4am I can't imagine any reason why, so long as the weather is nice, I couldn't reach Washington by noon.

-Dr. Wu

Tramper Al said:
If a joiner brings a second car, why not leave it at the bottom of Ammonusuc / Jewell? Why turn around at all when you can simply turn left?
Because, then you get to do Crawford Path, twice :D

-Dr. Wu

PS. I've thought about it. Maybe.