Four More Feet - The story of Randy Pierce's single-season winter 48 2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His dog "The Mighty Quinn" ("Quinn") did all 48 with him and was inducted into the FLEA (Four Legged Explorers Association) on Cannon Mountain by Cath. It may not be recorded as such, but that is likely an oversight or clerical error.

Tim

Is this available to purchase and if so where. Can't seem to find any info.

Dina Sutin produced it, and submitted it to several film festivals. Beyond that, it is owned by Randy (and Tracy) and they have not yet decided exactly what to do with it. My only suggestion is to keep an eye on the web site. Eventually, I would suspect you can buy a copy, or it will appear on youtube or something.

Tim

I assume he must have switched dogs midstream as his dog is not listed on the site

And is Atticus a character in fiction only?

The dogs listed in the Peakdogers section of the website are only listed if the owners have submitted the proper information for their dogs. This spring when we compiled the list of winter canine finishers http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthre...e-finishers&highlight=canine+winter+finishers (as distinguished from single season finishers) I was able to contact Tom Ryan about Atticus. He told me that he wasn't that interested in those kinds of details so he had never submitted the forms for that accomplishment. You will notice that not only is Atticus listed not there, Tom is not listed there either although they definitely did it. That's a personal choice.

I have never met Randy nor did I have any contact with him. I simply listed Quinn based on Cath's post. The list I complied I believe to be pretty accurate but it is totally unofficial. I did have contact with just about all of the dog's owners or somebody connected with them.

If Quinn is not listed in the dog section of the 4000 footers in one season, it is probably because Randy didn't submit a separate form for that list. I notice that on the "People" page Quinn is listed with Randy.

this remains one of the most amazing stories ever

a pleasure indeed to run into justin , quinn, and randy along the way last winter

for sure pencil that date on your social calendar !!!

a must see

I can't wait for this film! I had followed part of Randy's original Vision Quest and then had lost track. I didn't know that he was doing the SSW48 until a week before the finish. We were fortunate enough to be able to hike Cannon that day and congratulate him at the finish. He's such an inspiration! Quinn definitely was at his side for all of the 4000 footer hikes and it was so cool to see Cath present the FLEA award to him. I had forgotten it until Randy reminded me last week, but we were interviewed by the person doing the film on Cannon Cliffs and apparently are in the film :)

A few more scheduled showings, some closer to home (from www.fourmorefeet.com). The Nashua location on 10/24 is right down the street from my office, so I hope to attend that one as I missed the Highland Center one last month.

Chunky's Cinema & Pub
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
151 Coliseum Ave., Nashua, NH
5:45 pm seating & dining / 7:00 showtime
www.chunkys.com

Franklin Opera House
Friday, November 9, 2012
316 Central Street, Franklin, NH
7:00 p.m.

Randy, Quinn, his human guide Justin and the filmmaker will be at the show and available for questions.

Franklin Opera House Website

Tim

Does anyone know if this film is eventually coming to MA, preferably Western MA???