Franconia Ridge or Bonds - Tomorrow, 3/18

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to either do Franconia Ridge or the Bonds tomorrow, Friday, 3/18.

7AM start for either hike -- meet at either OBP TH or Lincoln Woods TH, or if there is a carspot we can discuss it here and possibly meet a few minutes earlier. I'm interested in either all 3 Bonds or Lafayette, Lincoln, Liberty, Flume and possibly even Whaleback.

Tell your boss you got a few problems and can't make it to work Friday.

-Dr. Wu

Franconia by Popular Demand!!

I think at this point I'm going to do Franconia. I want to go up Old Bridal Path, over Lafayette, Lincoln, Liberty and Flume, then back to Liberty and down the Liberty Springs Trail. However, I don't feel like doing the 3 mile walk back to the OBP TH so I need a sucker to do the car spot with me. Any takers? It's a fun hike :D .

I'll be at the OBP TH by 6:30am tomorrow. I hope you can make it (and I'm just kidding about the sucker part. Everyone knows Dr. Wu is nice :rolleyes: )

-Dr. Wu

Did you end up hitting these peaks up? I got Lincoln and Lafayette in on Saturday 3/19. It was so clear and beautiful.....a great way to end the winter.

Heather

Heather said:
Did you end up hitting these peaks up? I got Lincoln and Lafayette in on Saturday 3/19. It was so clear and beautiful.....a great way to end the winter.

Heather
I did Liberty and Flume on Saturday. I saw you on Lafayette! :D Just Kidding. It was a gorgeous day -- warm, sunny, not too windy and I had liberty (twice) and Flume summits to myself for about 30 minutes each time. I saw one hiker as I was leaving Liberty for Flume but nobody at Flume and nobody at Liberty on the way back.

As beautiful as it was, I think possibly my failed bushwhack of Mt. Clough on Sunday was more satisfying. Still trying to figure out why...

-Dr. Wu