Garfield --> West Bond 4/15

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
The Doctor was 'out' and didn't make it to Garfield last weekend. However, Friday I'm going to give it another shot. Anyone interested in (carspot) starting at Garfield TH and going to Garfield --> South Twin --> Guyot --> West Bond (side trip) --> Zealand --> Zeacliff and out on the Zealand Trail. I'm going to try for a 4am start (meet at Zealand Rd. at 4am).

The hike is 22 miles (including road walks) and 6000'. Not so bad compared to some other hikes. Hell, if we're feeling good we can even go over to Hale! Then the Willey Range! Any interest, please PM me or reply here.

-Dr. Wu

Wow...that is rather ambitous...I will be testing out my sprained ankle on easier (or at least shorter) terrain. FYI - I did notice last Saturday morning that the Gale River Road to the trailhead was still closed.

dr_wu002 said:
The Doctor was 'out' and didn't make it to Garfield last weekend. However, Friday I'm going to give it another shot. Anyone interested in (carspot) starting at Garfield TH and going to Garfield --> South Twin --> Guyot --> West Bond (side trip) --> Zealand --> Zeacliff and out on the Zealand Trail. I'm going to try for a 4am start (meet at Zealand Rd. at 4am).

The hike is 22 miles (including road walks) and 6000'. Not so bad compared to some other hikes. Hell, if we're feeling good we can even go over to Hale! Then the Willey Range! Any interest, please PM me or reply here.

-Dr. Wu

very interesting hike. but 4am is too early for me. I have to drive from Boston. Friday? it is not a good day for me either.
Do you know when these summer trailhead parkings will reopen?
What happened last weekend? curious ...

blueZ said:
very interesting hike. but 4am is too early for me. I have to drive from Boston. Friday? it is not a good day for me either.
Do you know when these summer trailhead parkings will reopen?
What happened last weekend? curious ...
The Gale River Road apparently will open in mid-to-late May. I didn't make it last weekend -- stayed local on Sunday and did Pack & North Pack Monadnock.

-Dr. Wu