googles fogging

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goggles ECO

I make sure the goggles are in contact with my face, and have the hat/balaclava/gaitor but up against it. Anytime the goggles go over those, I get instant fogging.

I made two changes for a hike yesterday experienced in nearly -20 deg F temperatures + windy conditions that seemed to help.

(1) Cat crap on my single lense goggles.

(2) Duct tape over the bottom vents of my goggles (but NOT the top vents.) This seemed to shutoff the water vapor from my balacava/neck gaitor below my goggles. This took some doing, as I didn't want to cover the entire bottom frame of my goggles with duct tape, just over the vents; duct tape lives up to it's sticky rep when being cut. :)

I have less trouble with my face around my eyes sweating or my eyes watering, so most of the water vapor, not surprisingly was from my own breath. Shutting off this source into my goggles seemed to help.

Certainly, your results might vary... ...but I'd be curious if anyone else has tried something similar.

--LivesToHike

Last edited: