Gore-tex. Care & feeding.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Is it best to not wash gore-tex garments very often so as to maintain their ability to ''bead'' water? Also, I have a bottle of some G-tex rejuvenating substance unused as yet and wonder when and how to use this stuff.

G-Tex care

I find that when i clean my g-tex garments, the DWR is kinda given a new life after a visit to the dryer (not on a hot setting - the garment should have a "care tag" somewhere on it).

I recently re-vitalized my MH Conduit Tempest jacket and my wife's TNF Guide-Lite with the Revivex DWR stuff and it worked beautifully. I basically wash the garment normally (with a low detergent laundry soap) and then run it through one more time with no soap at all. Then spray (i saturate the garment - jacket or pants alike) the garment with the DWR stuff and toss it in the dryer. I use medium heat for about 50 mins and viola'! Nice, new-ish DWR and water beads up like crazy.

Mm

I have had very bad luck with spray on DWR. I'm trying Revivex now.

I had very good luck with DWR applied by my dry cleaners. However, all the ones in my neighborhood have stopped doing DWR. They say there is a new environmental law making it uneconomical.

We had a thread on whether to dry clean or not. I just follow the instructions on my jacket label: dry clean with clear distallate solvent only.

I have had nothing but good results w/ Revivex. Have used it on several items w/ good results. Just folllow directions on the bottle and you are good to go.