Greens Ledge and Square Mtn Milan - a last minute invite to an obscure spot on Friday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

In Rembrance , July 2024
Reaction score
I have to burn up a vacation day tommorrow and have an hankering to climb up the back side of Greens Ledge and Square Mtn in Milan to check out the views. I dont think either of these count for any of the traditional lists (then again maybe not) Using Google Earth and an updated set of USGS maps with updated forest service roads, it looks like its mostly a road walk along fire roads with a bushwhack through hardwoods with a spruce fir band at the top. The approach would be from West Milan area but I am not sure where the road is gated. Given my observations of snow conditions and the elevations I plan to bareboot with some microspikes just in case. This looks to be a 9 mile total hike

If anyone is interested let me know via PM and if anyone has any suggestions on the hike I would also be interested.

The approach would be from West Milan area but I am not sure where the road is gated.
Traditionally the gate is right at the last farmhouse

One of the bumps used to have a helipad