Guyot campsite question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffin

Reaction score
Trying to plan a trip to the Bonds, and read somewhere that the Guyot shelter fills up quickly on summer weekends.

How "quickly" is "quickly"? If we hit the site mid to late afternoon, will we be SOL? And are Fridays as bad as Sat and Sun?

Thanks!

My wife and I spent a couple midweek nights at Guyot in late July a couple of years ago. We arrived around 5:00 and got one of the last 2 platforms. By 6:00 all the platforms were full.

I would imagine the platforms would fill up sooner on the weekends because more people are heading that way. The shelter would probably take a bit more time to fill up and there are many overflow sites if you don't get a platform.

I hiked in from the Zealand side on a Friday and got there in the late afternoon (4 PM) without a problem....but alas, it was Labor Day Weekend and they squeezed in folks by putting 3 tents to a platform. You will have better luck on a Friday...they have overflow tent sites too - I think you'll be ok.

-Liza ;)