Halcott/Rusk this weekend..

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
Talked to funkyfreddy last night, there is tentative plans to do Halcott and Rusk this weekend. Don't know which day, which is why it's always hard to post things like this, but if anybody wants to join in for a fun and easy trod up a mountain(s), let me know. Who knows, we might go do some other mountain, we're kind of weird like that.

Jay

I can make it Saturday. On Sunday I may hike Vly and Bear pen.If you would like to meet at my house Sat.let me know.I just ordered a pair of hiking boots from REI last night,and they are advertised for -45 degrees.I am looking forward to breaking them in.If you don't want to do Rusk and Halcott,I have some others that I need for Jan.
Ralph

Hmm, I'd actually rather due bearpen and vly. I've done all of them in winter already but Shawn, Jim and I did Bearpen and Vly in just horrible conditions, it was cold and it was raining.. The summit of Bearpen should have interesting views...

I'll ask Fred.. to see what his idea is.

See what I said about planning? :D

jay

I can't get out this weekend but would like to go next weekend Jan 29th and 30th, possibly the 31st as well. I spoke with Josef yesterday and it looks like we're both going to try and finish the 35's for the dinner this year, and all 4 mountains mentioned above are on our to-do list.

I'll post again again later when I have a better idea of my schedule. Thanks, Fred

We are suppose to get a pretty good storm tomorrow into Sunday.-20 wind chills down low,and above 3500' , who knows. I will probably climb tomorrow solo,but I don't have to travel that far to hit the Mtns..If the storm makes travel tough,I may go a few miles up the road and snowshoe up Ashokan high Point.Sometimes bushwhacking solo in a blizzard may not be too wise,so I may stick to a trail hike.The storm may fizzle out too.