Hiking this weekend??? (5/26 or 27/2007)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Is anybody thinking about a hike this weekend and still trying to decide???? :rolleyes:

I’m looking to hike on either Sunday or Saturday. My first choice is Whiteface and Passaconaway. I’m thinking the Blueberry Ledges – Rollins – Dicey’s Mill loop (11.9 miles and 3,800 feet est.).

Other possibilities interesting to me are:

Tripyramids (via Pine Bend Brook and Tripyramid Trails – 9.6 miles, 3,450 feet est.)

Or….

Flume from Lincoln Woods (via Wilderness and Osseo trails – 11.2 miles, 3,150 feet est.)

I was looking at another posted hike but the plug has been pulled on that one.

Probably the Whiteface – Passaconaway hike would be the least sloppy but sloppy is part of hiking at this time of the year (followed by buggy). :)

My preference would be an early start. I hike at a moderate pace.

If there is interest, please respond to this thread or by PM and we’ll work out the final details. :D

Earl

If you guys end up going Sunday, I might be in. I may give my knee another test tomorrow...if I come out of it painfree, I think I'm game.

Sunday hike

Sweaty Pants and I were thinking of Zealand via Zeacliff Trail (down Twinway) or Signal Ridge to Carrigain.

We've decided to avoid the ridge lines between peaks due to the knee deep slush we're expecting this weekend.

Hey rocket21,

OK - Good luck. Let me know.

By the way, I'm on my own - at least for a while. It's a good news - bad news story.

Bad News: On our last hike Jennifer told me she was going to stop hiking with me. :mad:

Good News: Jennifer plans to start hiking again after mud and bug season, early July hopefully. :)

Earl

Mohamed, Thanks for the up-to-date info on the Flume hike. :)

On Saturday we'll hike the Tripyramids via Pind Bend Brook, etc. I'll post the full details as soon as they're worked out - hopefully later this evening. :D

Sunday is still open for Whiteface & Passaconaway, or something else, if there's interest. Rocket21 - please let me know as soon as you can. ;)

Sorry for confusing this thread with multiple hike options. If it looks like a Sunday hike will come together I'll start a new thread. :eek:

Earl

BIGEarl said:
Sunday is still open for Whiteface & Passaconaway, or something else, if there's interest. Rocket21 - please let me know as soon as you can. ;)

Will do, but assume I'm not going...trying new stuff with the knee, so we'll see...the last 2.5 weeks have been unsuccessful so I won't get my hopes up!

:) SATURDAY HIKE...

Scoutmaster and I will be meeting at the McDonalds in Lincoln (just off I-93) at 7:00am on Saturday. From there we'll head for the Pine Bend Brook Trail trailhead and plan to arrive there by 7:30am. We'll set off on the hike soon after.

If you would like to join us, please respond to this thread or by PM to make us aware of your intentions.

Based on other posts, I plan to bring snowshoes and stabilicers. I've done this hike in May without these items before and won't repeat the mistake.

CARPOOL: I'll be driving from Nashua and have room for others. If you're interested in a carpool let me know. ;)

Earl

Last edited:
I have my eye on the Sunday hike. Saturday I am being chained to the house to complete a long list of tasks. I'm going to try very hard to do enough Saturday and/ or promise to do more Monday. Will let you know how I mange by PM tomorrow night. The best I might be able to get away with is something close by, like the Monadnock region, but we'll see.:)

I'm out...I'm only able to do about a mile of downhill before the knee goes bad (an improvement, but nonetheless not ideal for Whiteface-Passaconaway)...if the knee feels better by Sunday, I'll probably try to do something closer to 4-5 miles RT. Have fun on the hike though!

Three of us hiked the Tripyramids today (Saturday).

Since there is nothing definite in the way of responses for hiking tomorrow I will plan to stay home and work on my to-do list (its a long one).

Also... Bill, please email your information and I'll take care of it quickly. :)

Earl

:)