Hiking with Honey ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The need to be looked at right after the winter, then around june to prevent swarming or to do splits and then in the fall to collect honey. Every year is different though. For example last winter I had 5 hives die. I had 9 hives last year but last winter was somewhat tough on my bees.

This is my first year with a hive and I started late so I didn't get much honey. I check once a week or so and mostly for courosity. My advisor is a professional bee keeper. My hive is heavy with honey for the winter, will be insulated and checked for disease then left alone for the duration of the cold weather.

Colony collapse is a big issue around here so I hope to keep a very strong colony and split to three hives next spring, hoping for the best. My plan is to develope my bees over a few years specificly to my local enviroment, mixing the hardy local bee DNA with selected queens that winter over well.

I hear bears like it too.

Any advice on REAL maple syrup??????

Would like a couple of refs for some good stuff - probably by mail from N NE.

Any advice on REAL maple syrup??????

Would like a couple of refs for some good stuff - probably by mail from N NE.

I witnessed Puck here get into it with a store owner in VT, "discussing" syrup grades. You might PM Puck. Careful though, he's a bit unstable on the topic.