How you can help

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received this from three separate Keene and Keene Valley sources. Not including the entire post because of the photos.

This seems like a good approach if you feel like donating money.

Keene Community Trust Partners with Adirondack Community Trust
To Create the Keene Flood Recovery Fund

...As I write Route 73 from Keene Valley south remains closed. The normally bustling stores over Labor Day Weekend are near empty of customers as traffic is now diverted elsewhere. What is not shut down is the spirit of the people of Keene. Everybody is out helping others. Basements are being pumped out. Mud is being scraped off floors. Merchandise and shelves are being washed. Those who lost houses are staying with friends or in local B&Bs.

The reality is, sweat equity alone can’t help our town recover. Many had no flood insurance. Many lost their savings trying to rebuild their properties after the first flood. Jobs are at risk and with it the people who serve in our fire departments, emergency services, arts and educational programs, church vestry, libraries and so much more.

People need help right now. Here is what you can do.

The Keene Community Trust has established a Keene Flood Recovery Fund with ACT (Adirondack Community Trust) and is putting together a 5-person Allocation Committee that includes civic leaders representing seasonal and year round residents from both hamlets who have personally not sustained losses. People who know the town well, and are honest and fair minded. The funds raised will be allocated out in grants to address those needs not covered by insurance or FEMA. The application process will be quick, easy and transparent – no red tape. Our town supervisor, school superintendent and clergy will help us identify those whose needs are great, but may be shy about applying – and all grants will be kept confidential.

I ask you to be generous, to check to see if your employer has matching fund programs, and to consider what other doors and contacts you can open us for us. Your contributions are tax-deductible. I cannot stress enough how important your help is and that it is needed now. Every bit helps, at the same time be as generous as you can – and if you are heading to the Northway, take a little extra time to purchase a meal, a pie or clothing to take home. That too matters.

Jim Herman, President
Keene Community Trust

Send check payable to: ACT/ Keene Flood Recovery Fund
Adirondack Community Trust, PO Box 288, Lake Placid, NY 12946

We can accept all kinds of financial gifts, including stock, mailed to the same address.
Instructions for securities transfers is at:
http://www.generousact.org/files/public/DTC_EligibleSecuritiesTransferInstructions.pdf