Hudson Palisades

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done the section of the LP that goes through Harriman State Park through to Schenemunk. Lots of road work between the two, and a few miles on a railroad track. (one embarrassing moment where an elderly woman pulled along side me in her car and offered to put me up in her basement, I guess I looked like a homeless person--bless her) The LP through the Gunks is really beautiful as is the part that goes through the Catskills. I"ve only done sections of the LP but I'd be up for a few days on the LP through the Gunks and into the Catskills.

There are TONS of great hikes in the Hudson Highlands, both on the east and west bank of the Hudson -- Storm King, Black Rock Forest, Breakneck Ridge, Harriman, the Gunks just to name a few. And the NY AT is a sweet walk.

Anyone looking to hike down this way, please give me a shout. I'm out and about on the trails down here a couple times a week and always looking for others to hike with.

Sabrina