Hudson River Valley Ramble Coming up in September

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed a Hunter Mountain hike with the authors of the Catskill Mountain Guide. It requires ankle high hiking boots. Do you think anyone would notice if I showed up in my worn trail runners and gaitors?
Wow, I think they'd bust me off too! :eek:

The Ramble makes us put in some pretty restrictive language for these things. The Catskill 3500 Club would not have such a restriction.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. We've never participated before, but it looks fun (and I think it would be fun for Norah).

I did notice the notes about having ankle high boots and many of the hikes it said not suitable for children. But I assume us carrying her is still okay. And we don't have ankle high boots (well, our winter boots, but that might be overkill :p).

Thanks for the link. We've never participated before, but it looks fun (and I think it would be fun for Norah).

I did notice the notes about having ankle high boots and many of the hikes it said not suitable for children. But I assume us carrying her is still okay. And we don't have ankle high boots (well, our winter boots, but that might be overkill :p).
I think the trend to lighter hiking boots needs to be balanced by people showing up for hikes with sandals and sneakers. The bottom line is they want you to be prepared for rough trails. Many of the hikes in this catalog are just strolls along flat smooth trails.