Hudson Valley Beer Night!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
It's baaaaaaaaaack! By popular demand! Hudson Valley Beer Night!

Any preferences on time, date, or location?

Personally, I'd prefer Keegan's in Kingston, or Gilded Otter or Bacchus in New Paltz, (The latter has over 400 different beers!), but I can travel a little farther if need be.

Well, weekdays are good if I'm not here at school. But honestly whatever works for other people. Just set a time that works for others and I'll hopefully be able to make it. Maybe I could hike my first Cat 35 and then come hang out with people!!

Last edited:
Based on all input received so far, the first choice is Keegan's in Kingston, 5/19.

But keep those cards and letters coming! :D

Ty, let me know what your plans are, if you decide to do a hike in the Catskills and then hit up Kingston. :)

Sure thing, thanks! I know very little about the 35, so what would be the closest to Kingston? Or the one that would be near there that could be done the fastest? I'd have to do it right after I got out of work, which may or may not be doable...I have no clue. It depends on what time the beer night began.

Sure thing, thanks! I know very little about the 35, so what would be the closest to Kingston? Or the one that would be near there that could be done the fastest? I'd have to do it right after I got out of work, which may or may not be doable...I have no clue. It depends on what time the beer night began.

Something in the Southern Catskills, definitely. Peekamoose and Table are probably the closest and they can be done pretty quickly. But if you want something more challenging and longer, there's of course the classic Friday-BC-Rocky-Lone-Table-Peekamoose traverse in the same area. About a 30 minute drive to Kingston from Peekamoose or Moonhaw.

Last edited:
Overlook in Woodstock is not far from Kingston.... (though not a 3500) Also, since they are somewhat closer to the northway, and platte clove road is passable, you can think of KHP or even Indian Head and Twin.

Jay

Overlook in Woodstock is not far from Kingston.... (though not a 3500) Also, since they are somewhat closer to the northway, and platte clove road is passable, you can think of KHP or even Indian Head and Twin.
What is this a beer thread or a hiking thread?!

Oh, never mind! :D

I'm in! How'bout this week :D

Sounds pretty cool. 5/19? I'll make the trip. Would like say hello before Balsam Tower starts. I'll try to get ColdFeet to join in. He can drive :D

Anyone interested in Ashokan High Point (Catskill 100 peak), or Mombaccus Mt (just across the way) or grab Little Rocky (Catskill 100 peak), all just around the Ashokan Resevoir and a short drive to Kingston.

Anyone interested in Ashokan High Point (Catskill 100 peak), or Mombaccus Mt (just across the way) or grab Little Rocky (Catskill 100 peak), all just around the Ashokan Resevoir and a short drive to Kingston.

Might be interested in doing AHP if I'm not doing a bigger, more arduous trek.

Latest posts