Igloo maker

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All!
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I finally found a happy shoveler and got to try my igloo maker tool. It went very well! We made ourselves an igloo. There's about 50$ worth of material in there (more or less). We were lucky in that the snow was very wet (it was pouring!) and we had to put a tarp over the igloo when we were done so it wouldn't melt (it's also explains why it has a weird shape...the tarp didn't cover all of the igloo and the base was exposed to rain for a couple of hours).

All in all, it was a great experience. Had loads of fun building the igloo and the igloo maker tool, but I can't wait for the cdn $$ to get to a decent exchange rate so I can purchase the actual thing!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dpoisson/Igloomaker (Updated)

Fish

How long did it take to make?

I've made & slept in several snow quinzies.

It takes about two hours for two to pile snow & later dig it out.

Little Rickie said:
How long did it take to make?

I've made & slept in several snow quinzies.

It takes about two hours for two to pile snow & later dig it out.

Well, keeping in mind that this was the first trial of my gadget, and it was pouring rain while we were doing it, I think it took us about 3 hrs for 2 people to build this 9 foot diameter igloo; Which is luxurious spacey for 2!

Fish