Injured Climber Crawls 12 Hours for Rescue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little Rickie - it was interesting to look at the link you provided. I laughed when I read that one of the "cons" for the climb is that hiking "is necessary." :p

Little Rickie - it was interesting to look at the link you provided. I laughed when I read that one of the "cons" for the climb is that hiking "is necessary." :p

Thanks for posting the link, Little Rickie. The hiking "cons" need to be put into context, as one literally can climb right from your car door on Castle Rock at the upper end of Boulder Canyon (in fact, in the day when cars had metal bumpers it was common to tie into the bumper to set up a belay for the first pitch of several routes).

I also noticed at the initial link that comments from the general public in progressive Boulder are just as harsh with climbers as comments in the MUL are back here with hikers who get into trouble. However, one commenter, Luke, has it about right in my book.

And, I agree with Chip, one lucky woman to survive that fall and aftermath; hope that she fully recovers.

Last edited: