Interview with EMS CEO in NHBR

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erugs

Reaction score
The March 11-24 issue of New Hampshire Business Review has an interesting interview with Will Manzer, CEO of EMS. There is nice placement on the front page and the interview, as appropriate for a business publication, discusses how and why Manzer made corporate changes. What's nice is that the interview also mentions environmental concerns. I'm an EMS fan since they first opened and I'm glad they're doing well with a product line I like so much.

One interesting tidbit:

Outdoor recreation and tourism is big business, especially in New Hampshire's North Country, generating $4 billion, or 8 percent of the gross state product and 53,000 jobs, according to one study.

Here is some hard data to consider when bandying about the SAR funding issue.

Tim

Notable recent change in sponsorship

One indicator of change in leadership at EMS is EMS just recently took over role as official gear supplier for Mount Wash Observatory from LL Bean. EMS deserves kudos for this.

Last edited:
One indicator of change in leadership at EMS is EMS just recently took over role as official gear supplier for Mount Wash Observatory from LL Bean. EMS deserves kudos for this.

I'll wager the summit cat is relieved to hear that news.
685100.jpg

When and why did EMS become the supplier for the MWO? Was it a financial decision, or did the MWO feel that LL Bean did not have the technical clothing required for MWO conditions?

It happened a couple of months ago, and it's a joint marketing venture.

From the Observatory Site:

Shop EMS and Support the Observatory!
Start here when you shop EMS.com and Eastern Mountain Sports will donate a portion of the proceeds of your purchase back to the Observatory, at no cost to you! Bookmark this page and share it with your friends—your purchases help us continue our important work in the Home of the World's Worst Weather!

Eastern Mountain Sports is proud to be the official outfitter of Mount Washington Observatory.

EMS was also looking into Sponsoring NH State Parks Last Fall