Isolation this winter?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonst

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a winter dayhike of Isolation? I am especially interested in attempting the everpopular bushwhack but I don't really have any off trail experience. Not sure on a date... Perhaps mid January?

My husband, Dave, and I will be hiking Isolation sometime this winter (day hike). We have only the Bonds, Zealand, Twins, Owl's Head, and Jefferson left to climb. We also want to bushwhack but haven't done it there either. Waiting for reasonable temperatures and lengthier days, and I wonder if the river crossing is difficult until more freezing - someone just posted slipping off rocks into open water. We climbed Monroe on Christmas via the Edmands Path - the cloud that had blanketed the range lifted on our return over Franklin and we got expansive views!
Carol

Keep me informed too. I need Isolation, Jefferson, Cabot, Tecumseh, Lafayette, Lincoln to finish up my NH 48 in winter. I'm holding L&L for the last 2.

Max

I'd like to do a few more NH peaks this winter, so I might be interested in Isolation or others. There's nothing like a big group taking turns breaking through deep snow! :D Let me know when plans form. Or just keep chattering on this thread.
HI Carol! Say hi to Dave for me.